Shortly before I left for Blogher, I signed up to for some pre-conference dinner love from Glad. They have a new campaign called “Mom Made” with meal ideas, recipes and other fun stuff to inspire moms in the kitchen. I was sent a “Mom Made Meal Kit” with a recipe card for “Mom Made Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas”, Glad FreezerWare containers and some ingredients for making the recipe.
I didn’t make the recipe before I left for the trip, mostly because I have a pretty stocked freezer already (with all of my freezer-meal-making binges). But I was especially stoked to try the FreezerWare containers. In order to freeze meals I either have to bag up all the ingredients (which can involve a mess), use one of my pans (inconvenient), use foil pans (expensive/wasteful) or use a regular container that isn’t made for the freezer. The FreezerWare containers are just like the usual Glad containers except they are thicker and stronger so they won’t crack going from cold to hot or hot to cold! They will definitely be added to my freezer food rotation
Here’s the recipe for Mom Made Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas
1 T olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can (4.5 oz) diced chiles
1 rotisserie chicken, picked of meat
1 T chipotle chili powder (you can use regular if you don’t have chipotle)
1 t chili powder
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
1 can (28 oz) enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the chiles, chicken, chili powders and salsa to the skillet and stir to combine all the ingredients. Allow to simmer, about 5 minutes to meld the ingredients. Remove the pan from the heat to assemble the enchiladas.
3. Soften the tortillas in a microwave oven for about 30 seconds on high.
4. Coat the bottom of a casserole pan with some of the enchilada sauce. Then place the rest of the sauce in a shallow pie pan. Dip a tortilla into the remaining sauce and then fill with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Fold the tortilla over the filling and place seam side down in the casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
5. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas and then sprinkle the top with the cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through and the cheese has melted.
Check out facebook.com/Glad for more in the Mom Made campaign just in time for back to school!
Disclosure: I was sent the kit for review purposes. All opinions are mine.